[Haskell-cafe] Strange type behavior in GHCi 6.4.2

Dan Piponi dpiponi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 16:24:47 EST 2006

On 12/2/06, Chris Kuklewicz <haskell at list.mightyreason.com> wrote:
> Grady Lemoine wrote:
> > I've been playing around with Dan Piponi's work on automatic
> > differentiation...
> I played with such things, as seen on the old wiki:
> http://haskell.org/hawiki/ShortExamples_2fSymbolDifferentiation

I missed this while I was away on vacation so apologies for responding
to something two weeks old. I just want to point out that the method
I've been promoting is very distinct from symbolic differentiation. I
wouldn't make a big deal about this except that besides playing well
with Haskell, AD can help with many real world numerical problems, but
people often dismiss it because it they confuse it with symbolic
differentiation which they have already determined doesn't solve their
problems.
--
Dan