[Haskell-cafe] Re: Aim Of Haskell

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sat Dec 16 16:40:10 EST 2006

John Meacham schrieb:
> I think we need some sort of signal, to show that one means "I
> understand why haskell doesn't allow this in general, but am interested
> in a compiler specific trick or some theoretical background on the
> issue" rather than "I am learning haskell and am somewhat confused due
> to preconcieved notions fostered by my experience with other languages,
> can someone help me?"

The usual answer to this kind of problem is splitting up the forums.
E.g. a haskell-learners list for those who should be saying "I'm
learning Haskell", a haskell-tricks one for the more esoteric
(high-level, whatyanameit) stuff. Possibly haskell-libraries for library
announcements and questions of the form "where do I find the library for
doing foobar".

Just my 2c. There may be better courses of action (or non-action).

Regards,
Jo