[Haskell-cafe] Fwd: Build failure on FC6, ghc66

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 15:59:25 EST 2006

On 16/12/06, Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li> wrote:

> Hi Conrad,
>
> On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 09:56:35AM +0900, Conrad Parker wrote:
> >
> > I received the following bug report from someone trying to build HOgg
> > on Fedora Core 6 (FC6) with its ghc66 package. The build error is:
> >
> >   Could not find module `Data.Map':
> >     it is a member of package base, which is hidden

<snip>

> Did you comment out the GHC 6.4 Build-Depends: and uncomment the GHC 6.6
> Build-Depends:? It sounds like you might have done the commenting out,
> but not the uncommenting?

Basically that's right, it turns out I had uncommented the line:
"-- Build-Depends:       base, mtl, HUnit"
to:
" Build-Depends:       base, mtl, HUnit"
And that leading space still prevents the build system seeing Build-Depends
(probably obvious to someone familiar with Cabal). Anyway, the root
of the problem became apparent once I knew it was something to do
with the base package not being included.  Thanks for your time.

--
imalone