[Haskell-cafe] Aim Of Haskell

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 15:14:33 EST 2006

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 09:21:52AM -0800, Jason Dagit wrote:
> On 12/15/06, Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> The Haskell web server that Simon Peyton-Jones et al described in their
> >> paper would be a great example. But where's the download?
> >
> >Let me stress this: HWS is an *exception*. It's the only Haskell related
> >thing that I had trouble to find.
>
> This is the only thing I disagree with in your post.

Well, something told me there is something wrong in my statement,
but in a hurry I chose not to listen ;-) Of course you are right,
at least in the sense that this matter is very subjective, so I
can't answer for all the people.

OK, so HWS is not the only case, but this was a striking one -
when I wanted it, I searched for a long time and the only thing
I found was a hws-wp patch to the original sources. Unfortunately,
I couldn't recreate full sources from it :-)

Best regards
Tomasz