[Haskell-cafe] Re: what are the points in pointsfree?

Steve Downey sdowney at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 20:20:17 EST 2006

the wiki wasn't half as clear. other tham covering the first half,
that it doesn't mean the '.' function.

so pointsfree is a step beyond leaving the domain unspecified.

my reading knowledge of haskell at this point far exceeds my ability
to write haskell. but so far, it has seemed to me that functions
written in the pf style are the most reuseable.

from what you just told me, it's not an artifact of the pf style, but
that maximally reusable functions will be expressible in a pointsfree
style. that those functions embody a pattern of computation, without
concern for the details.