[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] interpreter ouput in color

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 05:20:29 EST 2006

Hi Walter,

> Hi all. I was wondering if some people miss the colored output
> of some applications, such like the IPython enhanced shell. I've
> been googling for similar options for Haskell but I found nothing.

WinHugs already colours (to some degree) and hyperlinks error messages.

http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~ndm/projects/winhugs.php (screenshot
on that page)

GuiHaskell does it a lot more, with full syntax colouring of error
messages and hyperlinks. Unfortunately it can't be used reliably at
the moment due to threading issues with Gtk+Gtk2Hs+GHC+Windows.

http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~ndm/projects/guihaskell.php

GuiHaskell merely wraps GHCi (and Hugs and other stuff), so allows
syntax colouring to be implemented without diving into the GHC source
code.

Thanks

Neil

PS. The Haskell-cafe mailing list is better for this sort of question,
haskell tends to be more used for announcements, so i've sent the
follow up there.