[Haskell-cafe] Aim Of Haskell

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 14:47:14 EST 2006

Hello Malcolm,

>> one particular thing that we still lack is something like book
>> "Haskell in real world"

> How about:
>     Applications of Functional Programming (Hardcover)
>     by Colin Runciman (Editor), David Wakeling (Editor)
>     Routledge, 1995.

unfortunately, it's hard for me to buy on amazon. anyway, i think that
Haskell significantly changed during these 10 years and while this book may
provide overall picture of how functional languages can be used to develop
programs, actual details are far from current state-of-the-art

i think that it's also possible to use any other FP-oriented book about
commercial applications for functional programming, especially for
ML-family of languages, while for details relevant to current Haskell the
only good source is "awkward squad". so we are still in the situation when
there is no books that describes how to use modern Haskell tools to develop
these "real programs"

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com