[Haskell-cafe] Re: Writing "Haskell For Dummies Or At Least For People Who Feel Like Dummies When They See The Word 'Monad'"

Justin Bailey jgbailey at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 11:18:31 EST 2006

On 12/12/06, Joachim Durchholz <jo at durchholz.org> wrote:

> Agreed.
> Something along the lines of "The Art of Functional Programming".

+1 . I would love to read something that is the equivalent of 'design
patterns',  but for functional languages. I thought Osasaki's book "Purely
Functional Data Structures" would have that, but it was little too focused
on proving properties of algorithms. As someone in industry, that wasn't so
important to me. I want to learn how to "think" functionally.

HSoE is great as a starting textbook. However, it just scratches the

I picked this one up after learning Haskell for about 2 months. I really
opened my eyes to the possibilities that functional programming offers.
Seeing something in the same spirit but extended would be awesome.

Justin