[Haskell-cafe] Name that function =)

Louis J Scoras louis.j.scoras at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 13:44:50 EST 2006

On 12/12/06, Cale Gibbard <cgibbard at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's pretty subtle, but the Haddock there does list an instance of
> MonadReader r ((->) r).

Yup, I see that one.  What I meant was that in the Mondad package it
says that ((->) r) is an instance of Monad, but I can't find way to
get from there to Reader.

> In newer GHC's the instance is also found in Control.Monad.Instances.
> In my opinion, it belongs in the Prelude. :)

Hmm. Yeah, it seems like there aren't many monad instances imported
into prelude.  Just [], Maybe and IO.  I'll have to keep that in mind.

Thanks for your help everybody.

--
Lou.