[Haskell-cafe] Name that function =)

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Tue Dec 12 12:57:20 EST 2006

On Dec 12, 2006, at 12:53 PM, Louis J Scoras wrote:

> On 12/12/06, Conal Elliott <conal at conal.net> wrote:
>
>> Try foo = liftM2, and check out the recent haskell thread "Cannot
>> understand
>> liftM2".
>
> That's actually what I reached for first.  The problem is that the
> arguments aren't monads:
(...)
>   No instance for (Monad ((->) (String, String)))

Read the thread more completely; ((->) a) is indeed a monad, but you
need to include an additional module to get the definition.

--
brandon s. allbery     [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]
allbery at kf8nh.com
system administrator  [openafs,heimdal,too many hats]
allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon university
KF8NH