[Haskell-cafe] Aim Of Haskell

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Tue Dec 12 10:00:38 EST 2006

> Maybe we can claim it should be 'has kell', where kell is something
> cool, and no cornflakes.  It has kell.

if there was an implementation of Haskell on Cell processors, it could
be "has cell".. I wonder if knowing what people are going to do with
your name is sufficient to put students off becoming a mathematician ;-)

but on the Pascal note: is there anything in Pascal that Haskell doesn't
provide, and improves on (nested procedures, procedure parameters,
distinguishing in and out parameters, types, ..)? it has been too long
since my Pascal days, I don't remember..

apart from the communication problem of understanding Haskell as
Pascal: if you're talking to someone who knows Pascal, it might not be
a bad idea to position Haskell as a drastically modernized version of
Pascal, to get the discussion of real merits going?

claus

--
Trac ticket #-42:
subject: when trying to bootstrap GHC on the PS3, configure