a cabal/database lib experience (was: [Haskell-cafe] Trivialdatabase access in Haskell)

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 08:43:03 EST 2006

On 12/12/06, Donald Bruce Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
> bulat.ziganshin:
> > there is a great wikipage on creating your own library, thanks to Donald,
> > who is started it. but there is no even simpler page about using libraries.
> > while we don't have cabal-get it will be great to setup such page
>
> The wiki can be edited by anyone! Start now!

My plan is to write up what I end up doing (plus some notes on my
false starts, if they seem helpful) on the wiki. I'll probably add a
new page off the "Libraries and Tools" page - does that sound
reasonable?

I have to admit that I haven't found the obvious place on the wiki for
this yet - I'm familiar with wikis in general, but the structure of
the Haskell wiki is a bit hard to get to grips with. That's not a very
helpful comment, because I can't articulate *why* I feel this :-( As a
data point, the old Haskell wiki felt a bit easier to navigate - maybe
because it was less structured in some way.

Paul.