a cabal/database lib experience (was: [Haskell-cafe] Trivialdatabase access in Haskell)

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 07:19:02 EST 2006

Hello Alistair,

> I guess I should comment, as one of the Takusen authors.

> Yes, this is embarrasing. We have made a number of assumptions which
> Paul exposed:
>  - users should know to do darcs get, then runhaskell Setup.hs
> configure/build/install
>  - users should know to look for Haddock docs
>  - users should know how to look for and install dependent libraries
> (Cabal-1.1.6.1, in this case)

> If you're an experienced Haskell programmer then these assumptions are
> valid, so yes, we do need to do more for the novice.

these steps are standard for any haskell library and it's really sort of
knowledge that is spread in air. can someone just put this into wiki?

there is a great wikipage on creating your own library, thanks to Donald,
who is started it. but there is no even simpler page about using libraries.
while we don't have cabal-get it will be great to setup such page

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com