[Haskell-cafe] Trivial database access in Haskell

Bjorn Bringert bringert at cs.chalmers.se
Tue Dec 12 04:43:54 EST 2006

Hi Paul,

as Simon notes, I maintain HaskellDB. I think that HaskellDB isn't
exactly what you are looking for at the moment. You seem to want to
run SQL queries, and HaskellDB is designed to free you from writing SQL.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but HSQL 1.7 includes
Oracle support (though I haven't tested it). You can get it from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?
group_id=65248&package_id=93958

Here's what I would do in your situation:

1. Join the #haskell IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.
2. Try to install your chosen library.
3. Ask questions in the IRC channel when you run into problems.
Chances are that you will have some library and Cabal developers
there to help you.

/Björn