[Haskell-cafe] Writing "Haskell For Dummies Or At Least For People Who Feel Like Dummies When They See The Word 'Monad'"

Kirsten Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 13:53:56 EST 2006

On 12/11/06, Matt Revelle <mrevelle at gmail.com> wrote:
> What do you mean by "real publisher"?  As long as the quality of the
> final product is good, does it really matter what publishing company
> has their name stamped on it?

It matters to me; if I'm going to put work into this, then that's what
I want the result to be. I'm happy, of course, for projects that I am
not involved in to use whatever publishing mechanisms that the people
involved in those projects prefer.

If you want to help with the writing project that I have in mind, then
discuss that on the list. If you want to start another writing project
whose primary goal is to produce an open-content, electronic book,
then announce that on the list too. If you want to debate the merits
of open-content versus traditional publishing, well, I'd love to have
that debate too, but this list probably isn't the right forum for
that.

Cheers,
Kirsten

--
Kirsten Chevalier* chevalier at alum.wellesley.edu *Often in error, never in doubt
"There are many places in computer science where it's actually helpful to