[Haskell-cafe] Writing "Haskell For Dummies Or At Least For People Who Feel Like Dummies When They See The Word 'Monad'"

Patrick Mulder pemulder at yahoo.de
Mon Dec 11 10:37:03 EST 2006

In my opinion it would be important to increase the
understanding about "semantics" and "processes". And
it would be good to introduce the concepts in a
similar way as Profokiev introduces the sound of
classical music in "Peter and the Wolf". If my
suspicion is correct, functional programming would be
very close to composing classical music (or concurrent
algorithms and processes). Has anyone of you similar
thoughts on music and programming ?  What are the
basic ingredients for making abstractions (like in
music rythm, keys, tempo, ...) ? It would be useful to
express different ways of expression by explaining
first "semantics" of processes and abstractions.

--- Kirsten Chevalier <catamorphism at gmail.com>