[Haskell-cafe] Re: Aim Of Haskell

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Mon Dec 11 04:01:42 EST 2006

Andy Georges schrieb:
>> one particular thing that we still lack is something like book
>> "Haskell in
>> real world"
>
> We need a 'Dive into Haskell' book.

That's for later.
Getting those little annoyances out of the way (like those described on
defmacro) is far more important.

What you need so that non-experts can get their feet wet are:
* A compiler. [FIXED]
* Libraries for the application programmer. [MOSTLY FIXED]
* The relevant information is available. [FIXED, I think]
* Things work "out of the box". [MOSTLY FIXED]
* It's easy to find the relevant information. [OPEN]
* A "Haskell for Dummies" book.
Haskell is already 99% there. However, a dummies book would be premature
- unless you really expect that the other items will be fully fixed by
the time the book is out.

Regards,
Jo