[Haskell-cafe] One question...

Dan Mead d.w.mead at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 12:13:39 EST 2006

To think "properly" in haskell when you need side effects you should look at
monads
and how they are used in I/O.

I'm no expert but most applications i've seen start like this

main = do x <-getArgs
               mapM_ somefunction(x)

do is a construct that lets you have a bunch of IO statements in succession
which in turn
starts to look like imperative programming. So this is how you can access
the rest of the world
from Haskell.

(someone please correct me if i'm wrong)

-Dan