[Haskell-cafe] WANTED: grey line layout boxes in vim and emacs

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Fri Dec 8 22:13:10 EST 2006

something like the attached vim script might work for small sources
(ignores all layout rules and keywords, just records increase/decrease
of indentation stack; builds up a rather large pattern of positions for
highlighting via :match).

(don't assume that this is the only, let alone the right way to do this,
and please pardon my rusty vimscript;-)

bonus tasks are left as exercises for the reader..

Claus

ps. a good interface for teaching vim about language syntax and
    motion would be nice (or at least a dynamically loadable,
    position-independent GHC API for use with vim's libcall..),
    but I find that with visual highlighting of lines and blocks, Haskell
    layout manipulation at least tends to be fairly straightforward
    (I do not even use highlightling of the cursor column, which gives
    you a vertical ruler)