[Haskell-cafe] Re: File locked unnecessarily

Arie Peterson ariep at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 6 13:20:39 EST 2006

Ian Lynagh wrote:

>> Does anyone know what could cause this locking and/or how to prevent it?
>
> Nothing else springs to mind. Are you able to send an example that shows
> the problem? (obviously the smaller the example, the better).

I'll try to cut down the offending program to a workable size. This will
take a while.

By the way, the rewrite I mentioned (which introduced the unwanted
locking) did not touch the code which deals with the file, but it did
change the program to load that code dynamically (using hs-plugins). Could
that possibly be related to the file locking problem?

Thanks,

Arie