[Haskell-cafe] Re: Download locations for former-base libraries?

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Tue Dec 5 18:51:15 EST 2006

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 02:57:36PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> Ross Paterson wrote:
> > You could direct them to
> >
> > http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/unstable/
>
> Is that site guaranteed to have the same packages/versions as the ghc
> extralibs has?

For the extralibs, those version numbers denote the versions bundled
with GHC 6.6.  Later versions will have different numbers.
(And maybe the directory name could change; "unstable" sounds a bit
unsettling for non-Debian users.)

> Oh, and BTW, does cabal-put work with the current cabal in GHC 6.6 these
> days?  I would love to be able to upload my packages to your repo
> automatically, but not at the cost of installing a different Cabal on my
> box.

The old cabal-put is no longer in use -- now there's just a script of
the same name on hackage.haskell.org, which you have to be in group
hackage to use.  Isaac would presumably be happy to add you.

There's no upload tool yet, for lack of someone to write it, but I hope
the new version will be just a password-protected CGI file upload.
That would be less secure than a public key setup, but would avoid
needing special software on the client side.