[Haskell-cafe] unexpected compiler behavior

Cale Gibbard cgibbard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 06:13:58 EST 2006

The problem is most likely that line-buffered (or possibly
block-buffered) IO is turned on, which means that buffers will only
automatically be flushed to the display at the ends of lines. You can
fix it by importing System.IO, and either calling (hFlush stdout)
explicitly, or by calling (hSetBuffering NoBuffering stdout) at the
start of your program.