[Haskell-cafe] using greencard to write COM in haskell

Anatoly Yakovenko aeyakovenko at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 17:32:27 EST 2006

One of the goals for greencard (
http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/nhc13/greencard.html#SEC2 ) is:

A convenient way to write COM software components in Haskell, and to
call COM components from Haskell.

Are there any examples of the first goal.  I would like to be able to
write COM components in Haskell, so far I found this example of
calling haskell form C:

http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/nhc13/CcallingHaskell.html

>From what i understand form that example is that you register a bunch
of haskell functions with your C program.

So is there a way to start haskell form C?  Ideally i would like
something thats as easy to use as a dll, that the end use wouldn't be
aware that they are using a component written in haskell.

Also, I would like to have my haskell programs use my implementation
of realloc which takes a context, is there an easy way to change ghc
to use it?  I guess I should start looking at the ghc source.

Thanks,
Anatoly