[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Visual Haskell prerelease0.2

shelarcy shelarcy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 05:43:51 EST 2006

Hi Alistair,

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 18:13:45 +0900, Bayley, Alistair <Alistair_Bayley at invescoperpetual.co.uk> wrote:
> It certainly is. Is it possible to configure VisualHaskell so that it
> uses the existing ghc-6.6 installation, rather than it's own?

I think you can install extra libraries by cabal (and
sometime you also need MSYS and MSYS Developer Tool Kit
(autotools) for configuration).

> cgi
> fgl
> GLUT (and GLUT_cbits)
> haskell-src
> html
> HUnit
> mtl
> network
> objectio
> OpenGL (and OpenGL_cbits)
> QuickCheck
> readline
> time
> xhtml

And I proposed to bundle OpenAL and ALUT packages.

These packages are in extra libraries. And I think that -
OpenAL library is LGPL and OpenAL package is BSD3, so
there is no reason avoiding to include this package.

OpenAL site notices that OpenAL can become Creative's
licese when using on Creative Device.

But if you look at Creative's OpenAL SDK header files, you
can find al.h and eft.h are LGPL. So I think we can use
OpenAL library under LGPL on Windows, if we don't use
Creative specific extentions.

Best Reagrds,

shelarcy <shelarcy    capella.freemail.ne.jp>