[Haskell-cafe] Fran - Functional Reactive Animation

Paul Hudak paul.hudak at yale.edu
Thu Aug 24 18:01:59 EDT 2006

Actually Pan (and Pan#) are NOT the same as Fran -- quite a bit
different, in fact.  You may have to email Conal Elliott for a working
version of Fran, OR you could look at my simplified version (which I
call "FAL", for "Functional Animation Language") described in Chapter 15
of my textbook, The Haskell School of Expression.  You can get a working
version of FAL by downloading the source code from www.haskell.org/soe,
although I should warn that the graphics lib on which it depends no
longer works on all platforms and with all compilers.

Another option is to look at Yampa (www.haskell.org/yampa) which when
combined with a suitable graphics back-end is essentially an arrowized
version of Fran.  I would recommend this route if you want to avoid
space-leak problems that are inherent with "pure" Fran.

Let me know if you have any problems.

    -Paul