[Haskell-cafe] wiki page Arrays updated

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 06:48:59 EDT 2006

Hello Haskell-Cafe,

i've added a lot of low-level information to the Arrays wiki page.
new material starts from note about GHC 6.6 in

there are several details, however, which makes it imperfect. first,
as usual, is my awkward English. please correct my language misuse. in
particular, i don't know how to better name the page itself, meaning
"modern library which implements many array types"

second is that it will be great to add examples demonstrating each
discussed concept: casting, freezing, unsafe indexing, [::]. we also
still don't have examples for unboxed and diff arrays

third is that i'm not 100% sure that information about GHC internals i
provided is correct. can someone with a good knowledge of RTS internals
check it, including
and next section plus abovementioned link with information about
StorableArray in GHC 6.6?

Best regards,
 Bulat                          mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com