"class []" proposal Re: [Haskell-cafe] One thought: Num to 0 as ? to list?

Gene A yumagene at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 12:21:43 EDT 2006

>Arie said:
>{...  This is an instance of a general conflict: should we sacrifice nice
>notation for ease of learning? You could make a similar case for list
>comprehensions, for example: they complicate matters for newcomers (yet
>another meaning of brackets and pipe) ...}

I have to totally agree with that statement, and surely hopeful that
no one takes away the list comprehensions, as a person new to Haskell
that was something that I got the hang of right away.  I've used other
languages for YEARS before I needed or used a given construct, and the
fact that it was there never bothered me much.. I JUST DIDN'T use it.
 Now as to the whole namespace part of the argument made by Brian...
well that is another kettle of fish, and I will leave that to guys
with his knowledge.. to cipher out such things... somebody has been
doing a good job on this language so far!

happy day to all,
gene