[Haskell-cafe] C++ class = neutered (haskell class + haskell existential)

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Sun Aug 20 04:27:30 EDT 2006

I was mainly specifically comparing haskell to standard OOP classes,

Most OOP languages certainly have some set of other features in addition,
such as forms of ad hoc polymorphism or the template meta-language of
C++, or the code reuse primitives in sather, however I was mainly
interested in exploring base OOP and its relation to haskell
typeclasses. As it seems to come up a lot.

C++ templates are a whole nother ball of wax.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈