[Haskell-cafe] Problem getting started with graphics library in GHC on Windows

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sat Aug 19 12:25:21 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 19:03 +0300, Tomi Maila wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a Haskell newbie. I've been studying Haskell by reading the book The
> Haskell School of Expression. Most of the example in the book use
> graphics library SOEGraphics. Windows GHC didn't find the library, but I
> assumed that the new name for the library is Graphics.SOE which seemed
> to properly loaded.

Sadly it just does not work very well in Windows with GHC:

This was the last thread on the subject:
http://www.mail-archive.com/glasgow-haskell-users@haskell.org/msg10238.html

And the bug report:

Your alternatives are to use it with Hugs98 on windows, or to pick an
alternative implementation of the Graphics.SOE API or to use a different
Graphics API entirely.

Duncan