[Haskell-cafe] Why Exotic Languages Are Not Mainstream

Thiago Arrais thiago.arrais at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 15:07:37 EDT 2006

Nicolas,

On 8/11/06, Nicolas Frisby <nicolas.frisby at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there anything similar to VisualHaskell that works in light-weight
> (compared to Studio...) and multi-platform editors?

There is EclipseFP:

http://eclipsefp.sourceforge.net

It doesn't support type inference at edition, but it is likely to be
added in the future. So, I'd advise you keep an eye on it. And you can
trust this is very unbiased advice, since I am the current project
maintainer. :-)

I don't know if Eclipse is what you'd call light weight, but it is
freely available if you want to try it. At least it runs
satisfactorially on my machine with 512MB of memory.

Cheers,

Thiago Arrais
--
Mergulhando no Caos - http://thiagoarrais.blogspot.com
Pensamentos, idéias e devaneios sobre desenvolvimento de software e