[Haskell-cafe] Filtering a big list into the IO monad

Udo Stenzel u.stenzel at web.de
Thu Aug 3 15:16:00 EDT 2006

Gabriel Sztorc wrote:
> I want to filter a list with a predicate that returns a IO value,
> something that filterM is supposed to do. The problem is, filterM
> overflows the stack for really big lists

Are you sure it's filterM's fault?  Can you post the code in question?
Stack overflows are usually caused by too much lazyness, but for filterM
that doesn't seem to make sense.

Udo.
--
<xinkeT> "Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot
         change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom