[Haskell-cafe] Bits and pieces needed to build a web server

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 11:03:12 EDT 2006

I've got an idea for a web server model I would like to try and since
I'm quite new to Haskell it would be great if someone could enumerate
a couple of useful libraries to me.

Here's what I need (I've put what I've found so far inside parenthesis):

* Parsing of incoming HTTP request and creation of replies
(http://www.haskell.org/http/)
* XML parsing and generating (http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/HaXml/)
* Database support (mainly SQLite but perhaps also MySQL/PostgreSQL)
(There seems to be several options for this one. I don't know the
names of the table nor the columns at compile time so I need something
that doesn't require that.)

A big plus if the library is still being developed/maintained.

Thanks in advance.

Johan