[Haskell-cafe] Can Your Programming Language Do This?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 10:08:57 EDT 2006

Hello Ralf,

> Read a sentence like this "If your programming language requires you to
> use functors, you're not getting all the benefits of a modern
> programming environment. See if you can get some of your money back."

in the article "history of Haskell" (announced by SPJ here) it was one
brilliant phrase, what is 100% true for me - "Haskell jobs attracts
most matured programmers". apart from Haskell, i almost don't know any
language which is adequate to mindlevel of experienced programmer and
allow me to think about functionality, about algorithms as opposite to
implementation details and low-level code. and in particular, i hate
repeating the same code more than one time and therefore i don't rate
highly languages that don't allow me to use (and define) functors

(it is not fair, but afair Joel is the man which worked in MS
as programmer and as programmer's manager? i once reading his article
which was started with statement "our (startup) firm requires the best
programmer's talents" and in the middle he was written several
examples of code which "best programmers" should be able to write,
including such "complex" tasks as reversing linked list :) )

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com