[Haskell-cafe] The difficulty of designing a sequence class

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 06:45:17 EDT 2006

Hello John,

Tuesday, August 1, 2006, 6:27:29 AM, you wrote:

> It is best to think of haskell primitives as something completely new,
> they reuse some naming conventions from OO programming, but that doesn't
> mean they suffer from the same limitations. It took me a few trys to
> wrap my brain around it. I liken learning haskell to tipping over a
> vending machine. you can't just push it, you gotta rock it back and
> forth a few times building up momentum until bam! suddenly the flash of
> insight hits and it all makes sense.

btw, http://homepages.cwi.nl/~ralf/gpce06/ can help on this way. i
think that there is also other papers that can help too

but i also agree with Brian - there is some constraints in Haskell
comparing to C++ and vice versa. while developing Streams library i
was many times bitten by these restrictions

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com