[Haskell-cafe] database access recommendation

Brock Peabody brock.peabody at npcinternational.com
Thu Apr 27 13:14:40 EDT 2006

> From: Duncan Coutts [mailto:duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk]

> It's that too! And SQLite and you can write other backends
> independently.

Sounds cool!

Unfortunately I'm having problems installing it but I think it's
probably something simple this time.  I can configure, build, and
install hdbc.  When I try to build hdbc-postgresql it fails because it
can't include libpq-fe.h or pg_config.h, both of which are present in
/usr/local/include.

I noticed when I ran configure that it mentioned the absence of haddock,
happy, and alex, so I am installing them just in case that had anything
to do with it.

Thanks,
Brock