[Haskell-cafe] RuntimeLoader

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Fri Apr 14 01:54:47 EDT 2006

Hi,
    I'm about to start playing with HWS-WP (web server + plugins).  It
relies on RuntimeLoader:

http://www.algorithm.com.au/wiki/hacking/haskell.ghc_runtime_loading

I grabbed the example and built it (only one minor tweak to imports
to get it to build) but it doesnt quite work:

$ ./src/TextFilter ./plugins/Lower.o < README
TextFilter: ./plugins/Lower.o: unknown symbol `__stginit_Char_'
TextFilter: user error (resolveFunctions failed?False)

There were also some warnings during building:

Compiling RuntimeLoader    ( ../runtime_loader/RuntimeLoader.hs,
./RuntimeLoader
.o )
/tmp/ghc11951.hc: In function `s2Pj_ret':
/tmp/ghc11951.hc:170: warning: implicit declaration of function
`unloadObj'
/tmp/ghc11951.hc: In function `s2JU_entry':
[...]

I assume this is because it is mucking with some ghc internals?
Is anyone familiar with this package?  Is there a more up-to-date
version or alternative?

Tim Newsham
http://www.lava.net/~newsham/