[Haskell-cafe] web servers

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Sat Apr 8 14:24:06 EDT 2006

Hi Everyone,
    I'm new to the list, been on irc a bit.  I'm still learning haskell.
Wanted to say Hi before getting in to things...

I'm interested in real-world programs in haskell, especially ones where
security and formal methods are important.  I'm looking at web servers
right now.  I found a copy of Simon Marlow's HWS on haskell.org's cvs
server.  I know there's a newer plugin version, but I cant find a working
link to the actual code.  I've been able to get the code to compile after
a while, but it still has some warnings of deprecated features which I
havent been able to get rid of (if anyone's interested in helping out, let
me know).  Anyway, I configured it an ran it and it works, although I have
noticed two security flaws in it which need fixing.  Is it possible there
is a newer version with these flaws fixed?

Besides HWS, what other web servers exist?  Does anyone actually use a
haskell based web server in practice?  Which web server is considered the
most mature?  stable?  fastest?

I'm trying to decided if I should sink some time into HWS or if I should
use another server.

Tim Newsham
http://www.lava.net/~newsham/