[Haskell-cafe] finally going on Solaris

Brian McQueen mcqueenorama at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 13:03:26 EDT 2005

Yes, I had to install those specific version as stated on the page.
Also, I've got gcc-2.95 here and its a Sun Ultra 5.

Regarding stdint.h, ghci seems to run well, but when I tried to
compile some code that used the 6.4 libraries, the #includes were
broken due to there being no stdint.h on this platform.

Also there still is a problem of some kind, and it must have something
to do with the compiler.  I've never seen this sort of thing out of a
compiler before.  I'm compiling some small and fairly simple libraries
- the WASH package.  For some reason, the compilation of
HTMLMonad98.hs is taking forever - and  I mean forever.  The file is
about 5000 simple lines long - nearly all data and instance
declarations.  I killed it this morning after it was compiling that
single file for about 18 hours!  Every other file compiled in minutes
or seconds!  I don't imagine it could be due to bad code - bad code
shouldn't make a compiler go nuts.  Any ideas about this?

Brian McQueen