[Haskell-cafe] Help wanted: Lazy multiway zipper with mismached intervals

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Tue Sep 27 06:25:41 EDT 2005

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Rene de Visser wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to zip together multiple lists.

I would write a function 'merge' which merges two lists. Multiple list can
be merged with 'foldl merge []'.

> The lists are sorted by date, and each entry in the list represents data for
> a time interval.
> The time intervals between the lists may be missmatched from each other.

This sounds like the merge step performed in Haskore which merges two
sequences of time-ordered (music) notes.

With absolute time stamps: (search for 'merge')
 http://cvs.haskell.org/darcs/haskore/src/Haskore/General/Utility.lhs

With relative time stamps:
 http://cvs.haskell.org/darcs/haskore/src/Haskore/Performance.lhs