[Haskell-cafe] Use Haskell to extract GXL representation

Santoemma Enrico Enrico.Santoemma at beta80group.it
Tue Sep 20 09:53:46 EDT 2005

Sara,

I've used extensively HaXml and the tool DtdToHaskell to do xml processing.

HaXml marshalls/demarshalls xml data and DtdToHaskell creates the "data" statements to handle xml in haskell fashion.
I learnt how to write a palatable DTD for the delicate DtdToHaskell, but in your case I guess you're not the dtd's author.

It's very simple, once everything is setup:

import MYDTD

myXml :: String -> IO MYDTD
myXml fileName = return $ fReadXml fileName

where MYDTD.hs is the output of:
$ DtdToHaskell MYDTD.dtd MYDTD.hs

Feel free to ask if you'll have troubles with DtdToHaskell. I remember I fought a lot :)

Salus,
Enrico