[Haskell-cafe] How to debug GHC

Frederik Eaton frederik at a5.repetae.net
Mon Sep 19 19:40:11 EDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 02:22:10PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Frederik Eaton wrote:
>
> > In addition to the stack trace problems, I found: (1) a problem where
> > output freezes when it is being piped through 'tee' and the user
> > presses ^S and then ^Q
>
> That's the terminal driver; use "stty -ixon" to disable that.

That will sure prevent ^S and ^Q having any effect, but it won't make
the bug go away. With other programs, e.g. if I run

seq 100000 | tee foo

and press ^S and then ^Q, then suspend and resume work as expected,
there is no freezing shortly after resume as I am observing with my
ghc-compiled program. The program should resume its output when ^Q is
pressed, rather than freezing.

Frederik

--
http://ofb.net/~frederik/