[Haskell-cafe] Dread __DISCARD__

Arthur van Leeuwen arthurvl at cs.uu.nl
Mon Sep 19 03:52:16 EDT 2005

On 17-sep-2005, at 18:14, Wolfgang Thaller wrote:

>> I'm on Mac OS 10.4.2, using ghc 6.4 (from the haskell.org .dmg) and
>> gcc 4.0.0.  Other wxHaskell programs (the samples and my own
>> experiments) compile without tripping over this.
>>

> GHC 6.4 is incompatible with gcc 4.0.0 when -O or -via-C is used.
> You can work around this problem by either not using -via-C and
> always adding -fasm *after* -O, or by setting your default compiler
> to gcc-3.3 using
> sudo gcc_select 3.3
> ... but be aware that this also affects other C compilations;
> switch back using
> sudo gcc_select 4.0

Ofcourse, you can also add -pgmc /usr/bin/gcc-3.3 to the ghc
commandline for
you compilations. This does not affect other C compilations, and is
easily added
to e.g. makefiles that use a GHCFLAGS variable...

> The upcoming GHC 6.4.1 will of course fix this problem.

Good to hear that.

Doei, Arthur.

--
   /\    / |       arthurvl at cs.uu.nl       | Work like you don't need