[Haskell-cafe] wxHaskell: getting a checkbox state

Mark Carter mcturra2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 16 11:24:59 EDT 2005

Remi Turk wrote:

>No extensions are needed, actually:
>
>  cbEdit <- checBox p1 [text := "Edit Mode", on comand ::= onCbEdit textlog]
>                                                       ^^^
>						       Note the double colon.
>
>Happy hacking,
>Remi

Many thanks.

As it happens, I decided that ODBC connectivity might be a nice thing to
have. HToolkit seemed the one to go for, so I downloaded it for a quick
spin. After an initial minor bit of configuration hoopla (don't get me
started with the Lisp equivalent; plain-odbc needs defsystem, which runs
insides CLOCC, plus uffi, plus other stuff that I've lost track of; it's
like peeling back the layers of an onion, only to find more layers.
Also, like onions, they are capable of making a grown man cry). I
created an MS Access database, a DSN, and fired up one of the examples.
And it worked!

Haskell's stock is definitely going up, as far as I'm concerned.