[Haskell-cafe] haskell emacs mode

Chris Wright wrightca at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 14 19:10:23 EDT 2005

When I download and install "Latest" haskell-mode from

it seems as if (though the dir is named haskell-mode-2.0) that version 1.43
is loaded

$ grep version haskell-mode.el

;; the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
;; any later version.
;; In some versions of (X)Emacs it may only support Latin-1, not Unicode.
;; thorn at irisa.fr quoting the version of the mode you are using, the
;; version of Emacs you are using, and a small example of the problem
(defconst haskell-version "1.43"
  "`haskell-mode' version number.")
(defun haskell-version ()
  "Echo the current version of `haskell-mode' in the minibuffer."
  (message "Using haskell-mode version %s" haskell-version))
Use `haskell-version' to find out what version this is.

So, I'd be grateful for any help to get version 2.0 d/l and installed.
1.43 seems to have a bug in its handling of strings. If a string has the
world "of" in it, the next line doesn't indent properly (I think the mode is
expecting a case statement syntax).

SEEK: Over 80,000 jobs across all industries at Australia's #1 job site.