[Haskell-cafe] Re: Functional vs Imperative

Dhaemon dhaemon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 18:23:48 EDT 2005

Hi again,
Thanks to everyone for replying.
I think I get it now; I was focusing on the wrong aspect of the question. I
was totally overlooking referential transparency and the cascade of
'capabilities'(lazyness, etc) it creates. Thus evaluation is just getting
values out of expressions, actions(which modify the state of the 'world')
are never performed... Except when 'cheating' with monads.
Hat-anim is really interesting, I'm playing with it at the moment...

Thanks again,
Best regards,