[Haskell-cafe] wxHaskell: getting a checkbox state

Arthur Baars arthurb at cs.uu.nl
Wed Sep 14 11:54:10 EDT 2005

Hi,

A "Checkbox" is instance of the class Checkable:
http://wxhaskell.sourceforge.net/doc/
Graphics.UI.WX.Classes.html#t%3ACheckable

This means you can "get" and "set" the "checked" property for
checkboxes.
for example:
  c <- get cbEdit checked
  set cbEdit [checked := not c ]

The following code makes the checkbox print its state every time it is
checked or unchecked:
        cbEdit <- checkBox f [text := "Edit Mode" ]
        set cbEdit [ on command :=  do v <- get cbEdit checked
                                       print v
                   ]
Arthur

PS: there is a mailinglist for wxhaskell-related questions: