[Haskell-cafe] Concurrency question

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Sun Sep 4 14:37:44 EDT 2005

Hello Dmitry,

Sunday, September 04, 2005, 9:45:37 PM, you wrote:

DV> -- These useful subroutines I saw in "Tackling The Awkward Squad"

DV>            timer = do threadDelay n
DV>                       return Nothing

Notes from GHC/Conc.hs:

-- Note: threadDelay, threadWaitRead and threadWaitWrite aren't really functional
-- on Win32, but left in there because lib code (still) uses them (the manner
-- in which they're used doesn't cause problems on a Win32 platform though.)

may be, authors of "Tackling The Awkward Squad" just wrote their
subroutines for working in Unix. also you can try -threaded option on
compilation and try to use forkOS isntead of forkIO

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com