[Haskell-cafe] Haskell and OS X

Steven Elkins sgelkins at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 20:59:03 EDT 2005

On 10/18/05, Patrick Collison <patrick at collison.ie> wrote:

> I'm looking to get started developing Haskell under OS X, and I'm
> wondering what sort of IDE/implementation combinations people find
> productive. I've got haskell mode working with Emacs and ghc, this
> works okay, though the mode seems a little rough-edged, and the
> indentation appears slightly wonky at times. I didn't immediately
> stumble across any native OS X IDEs.

I'm a Haskell beginner so I'm sure I don't know everything that's
available.  Development is underway on an IDE written in Haskell.  I
bet it'll run on OS X someday, if it doesn't already.

> What do OS X-based Hasellers tend to use?

I think I'm using the latest version of the Haskell mode.  I know I'm
using the version of Carbon Emacs.

I use vim sometimes too, when I don't want/need ghci integration.

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment
before starting to improve the world.       -- Anne Frank
Paradise is exactly where you are
right now...only much, much better.    -- Laurie Anderson