[Haskell-cafe] Interest in helping w/ Haskell standard

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Fri Oct 14 02:58:23 EDT 2005

Hello Sebastian,

SS> I'm wondering what "incremental and moderate" extension means?
SS> Does it mean "completely backwards compatible" or can it mean
SS> completely new features including ones which subsume existing ones
SS> (I'm specifically interested in seeing SPJ's records proposal
SS> included, and a new module system).

i must figure out that these extensions are not really implemented at
this moment. imho, before including something in standard we need to
play with it some time

imho, features for new Haskell standard must include extensions common
for Hugs and GHC (because implementing in both compilers proves their
usefulness) and most wanted features from GHC. Haskell2 wiki page are
close to list all these features

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com