[Haskell] Re: [Haskell-cafe] Interest in helping w/ Haskell standard

Isaac Jones ijones at syntaxpolice.org
Wed Oct 12 19:14:50 EDT 2005

(Trimming CC list.  Maybe we should take this to haskell-cafe?)

Sebastian Sylvan <sebastian.sylvan at gmail.com> writes:

(snip quotes)
> I'm wondering what "incremental and moderate" extension means?
> Does it mean "completely backwards compatible" or can it mean
> completely new features including ones which subsume existing ones
> (I'm specifically interested in seeing SPJ's records proposal
> included, and a new module system).

I was intentionally not addressing that question, because it's pretty
much The Question.  I certainly don't know the answer; just trying to
figure out who wants to get involved, as a first step.

I think everyone is agreed, though, that any process is going to be a
very open one.

peace,

  isaac